Laura loves to talk about math. Seriously. And this ain’t no boring lecture. With all of the vim and vigor she brought to her high school math classroom, she brings math concepts alive for a variety of audiences.
Her goals are simple: to lower anxiety about math and get parents, teachers and other grownups excited about (or at least not completely terrified of) numbers, shapes and calculations.
SPECIAL OFFER! Book your event with Laura before October 31, 2012 and receive 25% off of the regular fee! This is a limited offer, so email for the details today.
Presentations: Highly interactive and engaging, Laura’s presentations are up to 90-minutes long. No special equipment is required, and she can provide handouts by request. Designed for small and large groups.
Workshops: For more intimate gatherings, Laura offers workshops that feature small, breakout groups and specially designed activities.
Topics: Laura is happy to design a presentation or workshop for your group. Or you can choose from the list of topics below:
– Lines and times tables and bar graphs, oh my! Overcoming math anxiety (for children and grownups)
– At the Kitchen Table: Help your child succeed in math class, from home
– One Size Does Not Fit All: How to discover your math brain — and learn to use it
– Bedtime Math: Discover, and solve, the math problems around you
– Delving Deeper: Help your child develop critical thinking in math class
– Math for Writers: Use numbers to get your point across and improve your bottom line
Audiences: Who could benefit from a Math for Grownups presentation or workshop? Just about anyone!
– Parent, teacher and school organizations
– Homeschooling groups
– Professional organizations
– Businesses and companies
Don’t forget the limited special offer! Book your event with Laura before October 31, 2012 and receive 25% off of the regular fee! This is a limited opportunity, so email for the details today.
Interested in booking Laura for a presentation or workshop? Email today.